Friday, February 3, 2012

Volunteering in Andruw's Class

This week I was able to volunteer in Andruw's class for the first time this year. I was hoping to able to have gone a few times by now but work has kept me so busy. It was so fun to be able to go and see what Andruw does on a daily basis. We did a little bit of painting, and then went to the book fair. I remember always wanting my parents to give me money to buy books but they never did :( lol so i wanted to make sure and give Andruw money to buy a book. And guess what? I FORGOT my cash at home! I was so upset and mad at myself. Andruw was a little disappointed too. But we found out when we went that there was a "family night" later on in the week and the book fair would be open then so we went to that and bought 5 books! After the book fair, Andruw asked me to stay through lunch and recess so of course i did. Andruw actually goes to the same elementary school i went to as a child so it was kinda fun to be in the multipurpose room with the kids while they ate and goofed off with their friends. i got to see all the boys he hangs out with and the little girls that wave to Andruw all the time. I cant believe flirting starts in kindergarden! At recess the boys and girls chase eachother. lol. i know its innocent but i was definately shocked. Andruw played ball in the grass and showed me where they line up when its time to go back to class. He held my hand most of the day and showed me off. He was so proud to have his mama there, and i felt so proud to call him my son <3 I love you Andruw Miguel Navarro

1 comment:

  1. awww, how fun! Am glad you were able to get that time with him at his school, am sure he loved having you there!!

    <33

    ReplyDelete